We’re looking forward to seeing you soon, to get you on the road to better sleep! Concerning your upcoming sleep study, please make note of the following:
1. If you need to cancel or reschedule, please let us know 48 hours in advance. Otherwise there will be a cancellation fee of $100.00.
2. Please arrive at the main entrance. In case the building is locked, please call 801-266-5559 Exit #1, so the sleep technician can let you in. Please note that this is our back line phone number and it should only be used in the event of a sleep study. For all other questions or concerns, please call our main phone number at 801-266-5559.
3. You will be required to pay, if there is a patient portion responsibility, for the sleep study prior to, or the night of your appointment.
4. Bring a comfortable pair of pajamas with a top and bottom, and bring a pillow if you have a favorite that you use.
5. Please shower and shampoo your hair and do not apply hair gel or hair spray. Do not apply makeup or creams before arriving. If you absolutely need cream or lotion, you may bring it and the technician will tell you where you can apply it after the hookup. It is recommended you be clean shaven so the electrodes receive a clear signal. Please bring your toothbrush, toothpaste and mouth rinse (such as Listerine) and any other routine products as we do not carry them here.
6. Bring any night medications that you normally take, including diabetic supplies or sleeping pills, if applicable. It is important that you sleep during the study.
7. If you are on CPAP, you may bring your current mask so the technician can assess it.
8. Please be aware there is a restroom in our facility, but no shower.
9. Intermountain Epilepsy & Sleep Center cannot be responsible for any items lost or left behind.
10. If there are special considerations such as incontinence, wheel chair, etc., please discuss this with the office before the study.
11. The study will end at 6:00 a.m. and you should be able to leave by 6:30 a.m. If you need to leave sooner than that, please let the technician know.
The Intermountain Neurology & Sleep Center Team
Intermountain Epilepsy and Sleep Center
999 East Murray Holladay Rd #201
Millcreek, UT 84117
Meet Dr. Maya Thomas
Director of the Intermountain Neurology & Sleep Center
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology
- American Board of Sleep Medicine: Adult and pediatric sleep medicine
- American Board of Medical Specialties
- Clinical Neurophysiology & Sleep Medicine
- Epilepsy, EEG, Sleep Medicine:
- Louisiana State University Medical College
- Neurology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Utah Medical Association
- American Academy of Neurology